Homemade anti-aging cleansing oils can be used to remove makeup and cleanse skin. They act as cleansing facials and aid in removing toxic build-up in the pores and also feed the skin with vitamins, antioxidants and other nutrients which help reduce wrinkles, tighten sagging skin, lighten age spots and repair sun-damaged skin. Even if skin is oily, cleansing facial oils can help reduce excess buildup.
Oils derived from plant sources are rich in vitamins, minerals, and essential fatty acids (EFAs). EFAs in oils play an important role when applied topically to the skin. They are essential for the structure and flexibility of the cell membranes and they help reduce moisture loss.
Target the Causes of Wrinkles, Age Spots and Sagging Skin with Homemade Anti-Aging Cleansing Facial Oils
When you blend homemade anti-aging cleansing facial oils, you can customize the recipe for your skin type. Use one alone, or use one as base and add another oil to create a blend. A homemade anti-aging skin care recipe may include 2 ounces of the primary oil, and 2 to 3 teaspoons of each additional oil.
Add anti-aging skin care herbs to the oil blend to enhance the anti-aging benefits. Add herbs to the oil in a small jar and steep overnight. Shake the jar then strain into a bottle. Blend 5 drops of an anti-aging skin care essential oil to the cleansing oil blend.
Homemade Anti-Aging Skin Care Cleansing Facial Oil Recipes Cleanse, Remove Makeup and Soften the Skin
A good time to cleanse with anti-aging cleansing facial oils is in the evening. One method is to cleanse the skin using cotton pads to wipe the oil blend over the skin until it is cleansed. Another method is to use a hot washcloth.
Pour some of the oil blend into your hand, then rub your hands together. Massage the oil into your skin to remove makeup and cleanse the face, neck and décolleté. Soak a clean wash cloth in hot distilled water, wring out, then place over skin. Leave on for one minute. Gently wipe off the skin removing makeup, dirt, and residue. Rinse and repeat if necessary. (No need to scrub.) Use the skin-regenerating anti-aging cleansing oils on your hands and forearms, too.
Oil for Dry Damaged Skin – Carrot Seed Oil
- Stimulates cell growth
- Rejuvenates damaged skin
- Helps remove toxic build-up in the skin
- Helps tone the skin and increases elasticity and firmness
Oil for Irritated Skin – Sweet Almond Oil
- Rich in EFAs
- Emollient; softens and soothes skin
- Easily absorbed; not greasy
- Helps balance moisture absorption and loss
Oil for Mature Sensitive Skin – Apricot Kernel Oil
- Easily absorbed
- Soothes inflammation
- Smoothes fine lines
- Contains vitamin A which helps increase elasticity (also used to help reduce stretch marks)
Oil for Aging Dry Skin and Age Spots – Avocado Oil
- High in plant steroids which help lighten age spots, heal sun damage and scars
- Easily absorbed and moisturizes deep tissues
- Assists in regeneration and rejuvenation of the skin
- Increases the amount of collagen in skin
Oil for Sagging Skin – Borage Seed Oil
- Promotes growth of healthy skin cells
- Helps reduce inflammation, stimulates the contraction of blood vessels
- Contains tannins which have a tightening effect
- Soothes irritated skin
Oil for Dry, Aging Red Skin – Evening Primrose Oil
- Reduces redness
- Reduces inflammation
- Emollient and moisturizes dry, aging skin
- Smoothes skin and helps repair protective barrier
Oil for Aging Wrinkled Skin – Hemp Seed Oil
- Profile of EFAs closely resembles skin’s natural lipids
- Protects against dry skin
- Helps protects against oxidative damage
- Reduces appearance of wrinkles and rebuilds skin structure
Oil for Oily Congested Skin – Jojoba Oil
- Softens and makes skin more supple
- Helps prevent moisture loss
- Helps balance production of sebum, helps break down sebum in clogged pores
- Has anti-bacterial effects
Oil for Sun Damaged Skin – Wheat Germ Oil
- Rejuvenates cell growth
- Improves circulation
- Assists in repairing sun damaged skin
- Helps heal the skin
Oil for Dull Sagging Skin – Coconut Oil (warmed to liquid state)
- Forms protective barrier
- Helps reduce appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Helps keep connective tissues strong and supple
- Aids in exfoliating outer layer of dead skin cells
Consider adding a homemade anti-aging deep cleanse facial steam at least once a week, and a homemade anti-aging facial mask as needed in your anti-aging skin care regimen.
Before adding any mixture on your face, test on a section of your arm or leg to make sure you do not have an adverse reaction to ingredients. Make small batches and always use sterilized bottles.